Teaching English With Love
THE PROGRAM IS DESIGNED SO THAT BILINGUAL YOUNG PEOPLE, DEDICATE PART OF THEIR TIME TO TEACHING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TO THE CHILDREN OF AGUA DE DIOS AND OTHER REGIONS.
There is, however, a larger purpose that is to raise awareness in young people through:
1. Awaken in them a spirit of service and altruism.
2. Allow them to discover their life purpose
3. Sensitize them to the less favored with love and compassion.
4. Motivate appreciation for the privileged conditions in which they live.
5. Teach them the good use of their free time in activities that build them up and make them better human beings.
6. Generate a sense of responsibility as "Instructors" and by becoming Ambassadors and role models for the children they teach.
On the other hand, children in Agua de Dios and other regions of Colombia, who are learning English through this program, reinforce their self-esteem and get an additional motivation to continue their personal growth.
We are in the initial stage, that is, a "pilot plan" through which we will be adjusting and establishing processes to expand it in the future. We started in May 2020 and today we have a group of 9 Instructors and 43 students.
"My name is Gianfranco Torres and I am the director of our "Teaching with Love Program". I am also the instructor for the children of "La Inmaculada". From the beginning of the program, the children in each class are always prepared and excited to learn the English language. It is absolutely incredible to see them always with so much enthusiasm and it makes me smile a lot. Also my days in these times during the pandemic have improved significantly, given that I have the opportunity to change the world step by step.
Moreover, I hope to reach level one or a basic level of speaking English with them after the two month course. The most important objectives, without hesitation, are that they learn and have fun simultaneously. It is a blessing from God that I had the opportunity to develop "Teaching with Love" and that I, along with the other instructors can have a positive impact on the lives of these children."