The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. He or she will apply knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. The grant writer will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders. To ensure success this individual needs to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission of the organization.
Responsibilities of the Grant Writer include (but are not limited to):
• Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
• Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
• Identifying grant funding opportunities.
• Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
• Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
• Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field.
• 2+ years grant writing experience.
• Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
• Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong people skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a must.